Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is a security process that requires users to provide two or more forms of identification to access a system, account, or application. This approach adds an extra layer of security to traditional password-based authentication, which can be easily compromised by hackers.
To access the QEval account, if the MFA is enabled for any user role, then such users must undergo two factor authentication:
- Login using QEval account credentials – User ID and Password.
- Enter OTP received on registered Email ID.
The Admin of QEval can manage the access to the MFA of all the user roles.
Manage MFA Access
To manage the access of each user role, select Settings > Multi-factor authentication as shown below:
The following screen appears:
On Multi-factor authentication page, by default this feature will be in disabled state. In this state, no users will have the multi-factor authentication step while they are signing into their QEval account.
To manage the MFA access for any user role, firstly, Admin must click on the toggle button to turn on the Multi-factor authentication as shown below:
Once this feature is enabled, the list of all the user roles of the QEval account of that particular client will be displayed as shown below:
From the displayed list of user roles, Admin can enable or disable the MFA feature for each user role.
Pre-Requisite for Multi-Factor Authentication
Before enabling the MFA feature for any particular user role,
- The active Email IDs of each user assigned with different roles must be configured in the QEval account on Manage > User page, which will receive a 6-digit OTP while signing into the account.
To enable or disable MFA feature for any particular user role, click on the toggle button displayed besides that role as shown below:
Once the MFA feature is enabled or disabled for any QEval user role, click on Save button to save the changes.
Following confirmation pop-up will be displayed. Click on Yes button to save the settings, else click on No button as shown below:
Once saved, following acknowledgement pop-up will be displayed:
Once the MFA feature is enabled for any user role, all the QEval users assigned with that particular role will have the multi-factor authentication step while they are signing into their QEval account.
Login – Multi-Factor Authentication
The users with the role for which the MFA feature is enabled and who have their Email IDs registered in QEval will have to follow the steps mentioned below to log into their QEval account:
Authentication Step 1 – User ID and Password
- Open the QEval website and following login screen will be displayed:
- Enter the valid account credentials – User Name and Password, and click on Sign In button.
- The system will redirect the user to the login via OTP page.
Authentication Step 2 – Login via OTP
- Once the valid account credentials are submitted, a 6-digit OTP will be generated and sent to the registered user’s Email ID.
- The users will receive the OTP on their registered Email ID in the following format:
- The received OTP will be valid only for 10 minutes since the time it was generated.
- Once the OTP is expired, then the users can request for new OTP by clicking on Resend Now option displayed on the login screen.
Note: The Resend Now option will be available to access after two minutes of the generation of the OTP.
- Enter or copy and paste the 6-digit OTP in the text boxes displayed on the QEval login screen under Enter you OTP code here.
- Once the OTP is entered, only then the Submit button will be enabled.
- Click on the Submit button and the user will be successfully logged in to the QEval account.
Note: If Email ID of any user is not configured and the MFA feature is enabled for the particular role which is assigned to that user, then such user will not be able to log into their QEval account, as they will not be able to receive the 6-digit OTP.